Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Coming Soon: B(e) Kind 366

It's been about a year since I posted on a regular basis. I've been on hiatus and I still am (sort of). While I complete my Master of Arts degree, blogging is one of the things that has to be put on the back burner so to speak. Most of the posts you'll see if you stop by will likely be book reviews. My New Year's resolution of sorts was to read for pleasure more often. To keep up with that promise to myself I signed up for a few 2015 Reading Challenges. Every now and again, though, you'll find a post like this. I've had a plan in the making for some time inspired by 366randomacts.org. A few years ago I started and finished 100 Days of Kindness. Then on my 29th birthday (January 29th) I performed 29 Random Acts of Kindness that day and asked others to perform RAKs as well. The results were incredible with 51 people in 7 countries across 5 continents performing 70+ acts of kindness!

In 2016 I plan to launch B(e) Kind 366


I'll do a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) every day of the year. At the same time I'll be raising money for the WUSC (World University Service of Canada) SRP (Student Refugee Program), an organisation and program that I have been involved in for over a decade and one that has changed my life! Every month I'll have a different theme for my RAKs and different surprises for everyone who contributes to my fundraising efforts. It'll all be part of a perpetual kindness cycle and I hope you'll be a part of it!

2016 is going to be a fantastic year; I can just feel it and as part of the build up I'm going to try my best to write an anticipatory post like this at least once a month in an attempt to build my blog following. In 2016 I plan to update my blog daily as a record for B(e) Kind 366 and I'd like as many people to follow along and take part as possible! So, if you stopped by this post, please stop by again and tell all of your blogger friends. Leave a comment and I'll be sure to visit you too!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Brandy, this sounds like a wonderful idea. I will be sure to check back to see how it’s going.
    Thanks so much for visiting my blogs yesterday, I really appreciate it. Barbara.

    ReplyDelete