Saturday, January 17, 2015

2015 Reading Challenges

I already read a lot. I'm doing a Master's degree in English literature. Over the last year and a half of my degree, though, I've found that my reading for pleasure has been severely lacking. With a pseudo-New Year's resolution in mind, I've decided to sign up for a few Reading Challenges in an effort to force myself to read for pleasure (slightly oxymoronic, I know). 

The Book Riot 2015 Read Harder Challenge is really what started me on this endeavour. I'm really hoping to complete this challenge while still fulfilling the other challenges that I've signed up for. What I am really doing, I suppose, is making this Read Harder Challenge, even harder!

From there I decided to look for a few more interesting challenges that also include prizes. Who doesn't like prizes?! So I added the following: 

Mount TBR Reading Challenge over at My Reader's Block. I'd say I have about 200+ titles on that list, but I'm limiting myself to the "Pike's Peak" (12 books) level for this one.  

Ethereal 2015 over at Riedel Fascination. This challenge is outside my typical reading comfort zone and therefore intriguing! I'm just signing up for the "Intuition" (5-10 books) category, but I am really looking forward to it. 

Reading Challenge Addicts 2015 should be a fun way to track my progress. I'm only officially signing up for three challenges which puts me in their "Easy as Pie" (1-5 challenges) category. 

If I can find the time, I may add Random House Canada's Reading Bingo Challenge simply because I'm Canadian and want to read more Canadian literature. I really like this idea and if I ever get myself back on track in the blogging world, I'd like to host a challenge like this one myself.

Happy reading, folks! Here's hoping I've inspired some of you to take on a Reading Challenge or two!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like that last one! I'm reading Bloodletting and miraculous cures right now so that marks a couple of squares off already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I own Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures, but haven't read it yet. You'll have to let me know how it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brandi. The captcha & verification is still difficult but let's see if I'm through this time. So we have enough people to make a draw worthwhile: heads up that I have posted a disscussion about momentous catalysts, as Ethereal's first activity! My examples are about being lifted from sorrow. A few kind souls have utilized the post to drop a note of support because I shared that July 31 is a major day around the corner.

    Please don't hesitate to chime in on the root topic in any manner that you relate. Is there an uncanny story about choosing the person you married, an invaluable friend for life, the inspiration for your career, a hobby or talent you wouldn't have considered; without a book / film / person / event that sparked it? In all sincerety, Carolyn. https://cmriedel.wordpress.com/2015/07/27/where-solace-has-reached-us

    ReplyDelete