Monday, November 1, 2010

40-Day Challenge; Act of Random Kindness

I got this invite on facebook and really couldn't resist:

For 40 days starting on November 1 and ending December 10, see if you can do one nice thing for someone else. You can take it to the next level and complete random acts of kindness each day. If you miss a day of kindness, you start over as day one again.

I am seeing way too many declines. There is no reason why you should decline this. What, you can't do a simple Act of Random Kindness for one day or 40?


What are the benefits?
It makes the world a better place.

When we give from the heart, we do so out of a joy that springs forth whenever we willingly enrich another person’s life. This kind of giving benefits both the giver and receiver. The receiver enjoys the gift without worrying about the consequences that accompany gifts given out of fear, guilt, shame, or desire for gain. The giver benefits from the enhanced self-esteem that results when we see our efforts contributing to someone’s well being. ~ Marshall Rosenberg


I feel the need to reiterate: "There is no reason why you should decline this." It's that simple; so I didn't.

Day 1 of the 40-Day Challenge - I took the spare change out of my wallet and put it into random parking meters at the university where I work. Parking is such a hassle there and the parking guard does her job very well. I hope I saved a few people unwanted parking tickets today!


No comments:

Post a Comment