Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 5 and 1/8

40 divded by 5 equals 8; therefore, I am 1/8 of the way through the 40 Day Challenge; Act of Random Kindness. Not that I want it to end; in fact, I think I will keep going with this for as long as I can. I do try to live my life like this on a daily basis, opening doors, giving out compliments, smiling at people, but making a conscious effort to do something a little different and extra kind usually doesn't happen daily and that's why I love this challenge.

So day 5 (which was actually yesterday, but I didn't post yesterday) I bought two people, who I know stop for coffee everyday at the same little shop that I do, their coffee before they came in to get it. My friend is the manager of the place so I told her I'd pay for the coffees and when they came in she was to tell them it had been paid for, but not tell them who had paid for it. Apparently it was quite a funny scene when they came in to get their daily dose of caffeine. He thought she paid and she thought he paid and then they both thought that my friend, the manager, paid. After some figurative arm twisting my friend let my secret slip and revealed my identity. It couldn't have worked out more perfectly!

For my second act, I delivered an order from our campus print shop to someone so they wouldn't have to come and pick it up themselves.

This gal is all smiles 'cuz she does good things for people!

No comments:

Post a Comment