Thursday, November 4, 2010

Random Acts on Day 4

I find it quite enjoyable making a conscious effort to pay attention the good things I do everyday.

Today I made a point of filling the communal photocopier with paper BEFORE it totally ran out. I honestly don't think anyone ever does this. Everytime I went in to copy something today, I checked the paper tray and made sure it was full. While this may seem insignificant to some, to anyone who works in an office, an empty paper tray in the middle of a job is in the running for the most frustrating thing that can happen in a busy day. I hope, by keeping that tray full, I made someone's day a little less frustrating.

My second good deed technically will not take effect until tomorrow, so it may count for today or it may count for tomorrow. The end of my work day consists of making a round of the first floor of my building to turn out all of the classroom lights and lock all of the doors. Today, on the chalkboard of each open classroom, I wrote, "Have a Fantastic Friday!" Tomorrow, I hope my random message brings a few smiles to a few strangers' faces.

On a final note, I don't like wine. I wish I liked wine. In fact, I hope to train myself to love wine. My boyfriend, however, does love wine and so, on the way home from work, I stopped and bought him a bottle of wine from his favorite line of Chileans. Perhaps I can love wine by osmosis!

2 comments:

  1. ...any act of kindness, even a very mundane one (such as filling the paper tray in the copier) is in itself a good deed. You go girl! I love the fact that you bought your boyfriend a bottle of wine. I am sure that made him feel loved.
    I think this needs to go beyond just 40 days. Acts of kindness should be a daily part of all our lives. It costs nothing and can make another person's day; not to mention that it makes us feel good in the process.

    ReplyDelete