Tuesday, May 15, 2012

RAOK: DAY 83 - Announced More Insanity

Tuesday, May 15
Inspirational Quote: "Love has no desire but to fulfil itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving."
First of all, today's inspirational quote is beautiful. Second of all, the only thing my RA has in common with this quote is the word 'running'. Last of all, I've decided to run a half marathon and raise money for WUSC's Student Refugee Program while I'm at it. Beautiful? Not at all. Insane? Indeed!

Running a half marathon is something I've wanted to do for a little over a year now. I want to run The Strip at Night in Vegas on December 2, 2012. I figure if I raise money at the same time, I'll have a bunch of people that I am accountable to which should keep me from deciding to quit.

Fun Facts:

  • I have 28 weeks to train (that's a lot and I'm going to need it).
  • I'm going to do the run in my Vibrams.
  • My fundraising goal is $5000.
  • I'll donate $0.10 for every $1.00 donated (if I reach my goal, that means I'll donate $500).
  • The top 21 donors will get a during-the-race shout-out via twitter or facebook. One top donor for every km of the race.
Open your hearts. Open your wallets. And if you want to join me...let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment