Friday, April 3, 2015

A-Z Challenge: Random Acts of Kindness beginning with "C"

Throughout the A-Z Challenge I'll be blogging through the alphabet using each letter to create a list of Random Acts of Kindness. I've been collecting RAK ideas for some time now as I gear up to the 2016 launch of a project dear to my heart: B(e) Kind 366. I'll be performing an act of kindness every day of the leap year starting January 1st, 2016 while raising funds for World University Service of Canada (WUSC), an organisation that changed my life.

I'm starting each post with a synonym (of sorts) for kindness. I added this part to my posts because of an amazing movement I am a part of 1000 Voices Speak for Compassion. We link up monthly and blog about changing the world for the better. It's magical really. We're even on Twitter! @1000Speak

C is for Care & Compassion

Candle - light one for the spirit of someone or something. Just enjoy the ambiance of the flame!
Candy - make a sign giving away free candy. 
Celebrate – a holiday, a birthday, someone else, yourself! Celebrate The Small Stuff - join this awesome blog hop!
Challenge – take one on: do something new, do a daily fiction prompt, BLOG A-Z! Check out Rebecca Horner's 30in2015 for some awesome challenge ideas.
A photo from my last planned kindness endeavour!
Cheer - someone else on, yourself on!
Cheerleader Lolli - make one and leave it for a stranger. 
Clean – for yourself, for someone else. Clean up someone’s left-behind trash.
Coffee - buy one for a friend, for a stranger, give away your free one, leave a pre-paid coffee card for studying students. 
Coins - leave some on pay phones, in shopping carts, on toy/ candy/vending machines, at the laundromat, at a fountain so someone else can make a wish, on a mall ride. 
Compliment – a family member, a friend, and most importantly a stranger! Make a Free Compliments sign
Cook – for a loved one, for your neighbours. Take a cooking class by yourself or with a partner. Try a new recipe!
Colour - a picture; it's calming, with a child, leave colouring pages and crayons in public places, participate in a Colour Run!
Coupons – leave them on the items they discount for the next shopper to find. 

That brings me to the end of my "C" List! Please help me build my list of Random Acts of Kindness by leaving suggestions in the comments!

Want to win some Jane Austen swag?! Who doesn't?! Check out my super fun "If Jane Austen Blogged A-Z" post and test your Janeite knowledge!

6 comments:

  1. Once again, a stellar list, Brandy. Here's wishing you a wonderful weekend, celebrating the joy of the season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, M.J. I hope you and yours enjoyed a beautiful Easter.

      Delete
  2. A great list. I have a project kindness on my blog I love random acts Goodluck with your new challenge next year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to check your project out! Maybe I can borrow some ideas!

      Delete
  3. The coupons and coins is a great idea and one pretty easy for folks to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Sandy! I'm trying to keep a lot of the ideas simple and at a relatively low cost!

      Delete