Friday, June 7, 2013

Photo-a-Day - 7: bright

I didn't get the best photo for today's June: Photo-A-Day prompt, but I live by the understanding that every dark cloud has a bright silver lining so that's the shot I snapped.


With 'bright' in mind, I thought back to some of the shots in my photo archives and came up with two that quite worthy of today's theme. I've been on two memorable trips where bright lights meet big cities.

1. The City That Never Sleeps: New York


2. Sin City: Las Vegas


Which bright lights do you prefer? NY, NY or Vegas, baby?! Do you have a bright silver lining experience you're willing to share?

12 comments:

  1. I've never been to Las Vegas before, but I would like to see it all lit up at night!

    Great pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a must-visit! I hope you make it there someday.

      Delete
  2. I love your silver lining photo it makes me think happy thoughts! I can’t possible chose between Vegas and NY, they are both wonderful. We visited both places back in the 1990s and hope to get there again one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me Vegas! It's where I renewed my wedding vows so has a special place in my heart. Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see why Vegas would be special to you!

      Delete
  4. Never been to Vagas baby, but New York, New York... I'd definitely do that again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NY is amazing! I hope you make it to Vegas; it's worth at least one visit.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Fitting for your blog theme this month :) Have you been to Vegas?

      Delete
  6. Did Vegas once and so my card is definitely punched. Once is enough for me, not my kind of place. Haven't been to Ny, but think I would like it better. Cool photo's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to say that I preferred New York, but I'd likely visit Vegas again someday.

      Delete