Monday, May 13, 2013

Sunshine Award

Barbara from March House Books nominated me for this lovely award so my first step is to thank her, profusely. I really hope you'll take a click over and spend some time on her sugary sweet blog. Her posts never fail to make me smile and have, in fact, inspired me (that's why I gave her a Very Inspiring Blogger Award) to start my own blog series on my collection of Berenstain Bears books that I cherish from my childhood. I haven't started it yet, but I will soon; I promise.

As always, the rules:
Include the award logo.
Link to the person who nominated you.
Answer 10 questions.
Nominate 10 bloggers, link to their blogs, and comment on their blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

Q&A (Lady B only gave me 8):
1. A favourite quotation: Life can be as bitter or as sweet as dragon tears, but whether dragon tears are bitter or sweet depends on how each person perceives that taste. - Dean Koontz
2. Favourite animal: I have to go with dogs on this one, but I do love cats and most other animals, except birds, especially chickens.
3. Beatles or Rolling Stones: Um, this is a little before-my-time, but I guess The Beatles because of Imagine.
4. A favourite destination in the UK: I've never been to the UK, but I am hoping to do a Jane Austen Tour in  England sometime during the summer of 2014 as part of the research for my MA.
5. Favourite alcoholic beverage: I'll go with Strawberry Margaritas on this one.
6. A favourite film: Under the Tuscan Sun.
7. Bugs or Daffy: I think Bugs...that waskily wabbit!
8. Nicknames: B or Mama B (I'll spare you the pet names that Farmer Joe calls me).

My questions for my nominees:
1. Who is your sunshine?
2. What is your favourite activity to do in the sunshine?
3. Do you suntan? If, yes, real of fake bake?
4. Does the sun shine a lot where you live?
5. Finish this phrase: Sunshine, happiness, and __________.
6. What is your favourite thing to do on rainy days?
7. Have you ever seen a solar eclipse?
8. Do you snack on sunflower seeds? If yes, what is your favourite flavour?
9. Have you seen the movie, Little Miss Sunshine? If yes, did you enjoy it?
10. What makes you feel like you are Walkin' on Sunshine?

Check out these sunny bloggers:
1. Susan from Scribblings because she has given me two blog awards since we met, The Liebster and The Very Inspiring Blogger Award and now I finally have one that I can give her!

2. Kathy from The Giggling Truckers Wife because the comments she leaves on my blog are priceless and the images of flowers she posts on the occasional Wordless Wednesday always bring a smile to my face. Heck, the name of her blog brings a smile to my face!

3. Ida from Reflex Reactions because her blog radiates positive energy.

4. A month of....Blog because the daily photos themed differently for each month always make me smile.

5. Nina from Nothing because her blog profile photos is a smiling sun! I noticed Nina's icon on a number of other blogs I follow and immediately thought, "how fitting for this award!"

Ok, so that is five, half of the number I am supposed to nominate, but I am going to take a page out of The Insomniac's Dream (I would have nominated her, but she may have murdered me; she's received a lot of awards lately. Unless, you want this award, Starr, then I'll happily make you #6.) and ask YOU to shout out to someone who is deserving of the Sunshine Award. Mention them in the comments and I promise, promise, promise, I'll visit their blog and leave a sunshiney comment.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Brandy for the Award! :)

    And Jane Austen tour.... count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my brothers gn is at http://www.kingjamesmoneego.com/ he forgot but is sending it out today! I just realized I got a package from him yesterday but no book...goofball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your answers Mama B, the Jane Austen tour sounds interesting, I will have to check that out. love Lady B!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award Brandy!
    I hope you make it to the Bahamas - I would love to go back...
    The swearing challenge sounds interesting - good luck!
    A month of Blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your questions are so great though! I might take it anyways, just to answer those questions, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By all means take the award...or just answer the questions!

      Delete
  6. You so deserve all of these accolades and more! Wait...there's a Jane Austen tour? Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete